Stay Fit philly Challenge
The Stay Fit Philly Challenge is a month-long challenge designed to encourage people to stay active during the month of November!
Unlike other challenges, the Stay Fit Challenge is based on 30 days of activity instead of miles achieved!
To keep you motivated, we will provide daily challenge videos—these videos will include a variety of activities that build every day keeping you active through the month of November! Pay attention to each challenge because there will be some hidden perks you won’t want to miss! You are encouraged to stay active by doing at least 15-30 minutes of other activities including running, walking, biking, swimming, yoga, gardening, or walking the dog.
A portion of your registration fee is being donated to the AACR and will help propel the next wave of discoveries to benefit cancer patients and their families everywhere.
How Does it Work?
The Stay Fit Challenge is a virtual program encouraging participants to complete 30 consecutive days of activities (or as many as you can) between November 1st and 30th, 2020. However, don’t let the days hold you back, this is all about being active for as many days as possible!
We will also have social media milestone badges based on how many days you are active. The perfect way to tout your activity!
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is the world's first and largest scientific organization solely dedicated to advancing lifesaving cancer research.
The AACR brings together the greatest minds in cancer science and works side by side with scientists, clinical researchers, healthcare providers, policy makers, patients, advocates, and other key stakeholders to drive progress against cancer.
The AACR funds high-impact research, and facilitates learning, collaboration, and awareness—all to accelerate innovation in cancer science. Your donation to the AACR will help propel the next wave of discoveries to benefit cancer patients and their families everywhere.
Stay Fit Philly Challenge - $45
September 16th - Registration opens
November 1st - First day to log activities
November 15th - Last day to register to be guaranteed a medal
November 30th - Last day of challenge, submit your results!
You are not alone!
Running legends will be alongside you all month long!
Meb Keflezighi and Bart Yasso have officially joined the Stay Fit Philly Challenge!
Meb Keflezighi (pronounced Kef-lez-ghee) is widely acclaimed as one of the greatest runners of our time, and brings a higher meaning to “going the distance. Meb maintains an unwavering commitment to helping others go the distance in their own lives—physically, professionally, personally and spiritually.
Bart Yasso, the Mayor of Running, is well-known for providing training tips and practical advice, building better runners around the world — his infectious spirit and zest for life brings a magic energy to everything he does.
How to complete the challenge:
Tracking your activities is super easy - Once you do it a few times, you'll get the hang of it!
- Beginning November 1st, you can login to RunSignup. We recommend letting it remember your username/password as you'll be here often!
- Go to the RESULTS page. We recommend bookmarking this page so you can find it quickly.
- Click "SUBMIT VIRTUAL EVENTS"
- Select the current day or the day (between November 1st and November 30th) for which you are entering the activity.
- A second box says "Activities" - Enter the activities completed that day.
- Click "Submit".
You’re finished! RunSignup will automatically update your total activity and show you your total progression to date!
[ Questions? Read our FAQ ]
- Choice of a long sleeve t-shirt or lightweight long sleeve t-shirt hoodie (unisex)
- Sharable weekly milestone badges for social media bragging rights (7, 14, 21 and 30 days)
- Printable finisher’s certificate
- Unique Stay Fit Philly Challenge finisher's medal (guaranteed to everyone who registers prior to November 15th)
Being active is more fun with friends!
• Refer 5 registrations and get a $20 refund
• Refer 10 registrations and get a $40 refund
• Refer 15 registrations and get a $40 refund plus Philly Races SWAG.
Referrals can only be credited to you when a registration is completed using your unique URL. Make sure your friends and family use your link to get to the registration site!
Your unique URL can be found in your RunSignUp account: To find the URL, or the status of your referrals, log in to RunSignup.com, click on My Profile, under Runner Links section (at the bottom), My Referrals.